Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cruise Day 3 (Jan 13) Cozumel, Mexico:

We had planned on scuba diving in Cozumel, but they were sold out by the time we signed up. For some unknown reason, the ship was only allotted half the normal scuba diving openings. So we decided to do the ATV Jungle Tour instead, which turned out to really be a lot of fun.

When we got off the ship, we were photographed with one of the descendants of a scary Mayan. We were docked next to Grandeur of the Seas, which was the ship we were on for the first cruise for most of the family when we had the big family

We arrived at the ATV Ranch in the jungle all nice and clean.

After watching the video on how to drive the ATVs, we were given orange bandanas to put on our heads before we put on our helmets. We got on our ATVs and we were ready to go.

Since it had been raining, there were lots of muddy puddles. The information about the ATV tour said that we should expect to get muddy. In spite of that information, at first we were cautiously going around the mud puddles to keep from getting our clothes covered in mud, but after a while, we went right into the puddles and got lots of mud on ourselves and had a blast.
We had two breaks where we stopped at some small Mayan Ruins. With our helmets off, you can see our cool bandanas.
They also had goggles to wear when it was dusty. We did not really need them because the road was wet, but Mom wanted to try one on. Doesn’t she look like the coolest mom ever?
We were still pretty muddy when we got back to the ship. Our clothes were so dirty that we used the ship laundry to get our clothes cleaned. We had a lot of fun and would do this tour again.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the ATV's. I'm deffinitely doing that one if I ever get to go to Cozumel on a cruise again.

John said...

I loved the ATVs. I think I need to buy one.