Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Old Photos

We were going through old photos, looking for pictures of when Sheri was a baby and found several old phots that I thought I should share. These first two were taken in July 1987 an a trip from California to Utah, Alberta, and Yellowstone. It was a great trip. This first one is me with Sheri while we were in Yellostone. Sheri and I are both much younger than today.

This next photo was taken with John, Julie, Neil, Bret and Katie in a tree with Sheri on the grass. This tree is in Salt Lake City. This tree was actually an important part of my life as a child. It was in front of the house that I lived in when I was 5 to 6 years old. My grandfather build the house, but when this photo was taken in 1987, the house was gone, but the tree was still there. I knew it was "my" tree because as a 5-6 year old, it was my "rocket ship". I had carved all of the rocket controls and dials in the bark of the branches with a pocket knife. In 1987, the markings I had carved were still visible enough that I could confirm that it was my Rocket Ship. I have no idea if the tree is still there now, 22 years after this photo and 52 years after the rocket controls were carved.


This is a photo of Bret and Katie at Yellowstone.
This photo was taken on the first day of school in September 1986. It was the first day of 3rd grade for John, 2nd grade for Julie, and kindergarten for Neil. Bret was three and just in the picture for fun.
This one was taken a few years later of Bret, Katie, Sheri, Sarah and Joseph.
This is Mom and Sheri at Yosemite in November 1987.

2 comments:

John said...

I love the old pictures! It's so much fun seeing what we looked like when we were younger. Brings back a lot of memories. You might want to relabel the year on the last picture.

Alan C said...

Transposed number has been corrected.