There were comments in my blog entry about the downed tree that we should get the wood from the tree for firewood. In another storm, another tree – a decorative pear tree- also went down. I talked to the tree owner and he was happy to have me remove all of the wood from both trees including removing the trunk of the first broken tree. On Saturday, I completed the tree removal by taking the trunk of the first tree down and cutting it up. I then brought home in the truck and added it to the pile with the top part of the tree and also the decorative pear tree.

In this photo the decorative pear tree limbs are on the right, and the first tree that broke in the storm is on the left next. For perspective, the wheelbarrow gives a reference for the size of the tree trunk sections. I could only get 3 or 4 of the larger diameter trunk pieces in the wheelbarrow at a time. There were about three pickup loads of firewood from the two trees that will make some nice fires next winter.
1 comment:
That is a lot of wood. I'm going to be so jealous of your warm fires.
Post a Comment