1 lb Sirloin steak cut in to small strips
½ cup flour
½ tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/3 c butter or margarine
1 10½ oz can concentrated beef broth
1 soup can water
3 Tbs butter or margarine
½ lb fresh mushrooms cleaned and sliced
1 cup dairy sour cream
3 Tbs tomato paste
Coat meat strips evenly with a mixture of the flour, seasoned salt and pepper.
Heat 1/3 cup butter in a large heavy skillet. Add meat strips and remaining flour mixture. Brown on all sides over medium heat, turning occasionally. Add the broth + water, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
Heat 3 Tbs butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned and tender. Add mushrooms to meat and remove from heat.
Blending well after each addition, add a mixture of sour cream and tomato paste in small amounts. Return to heat. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
Serve over egg noodles.
I do not have a photo of the stoganoff, but I think most of you know what it looks and tastes like. Instead of a photo of the food, I thought I would post a photo I found recently of when Mom and I were on a vacation without kids in May 1986 in Hawaii. This was 8 months before Sheri was born, so she was the first of our children to go to Hawaii. This is what we looked like 23 years ago:

2 comments:
I like the picture of not-stroganoff. You both looked so young. I may have been the first to go to Hawaii, but I'm practically the only one that's never been back there. Someday...
I love Mom's Beef Stroganoff! Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment