Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring is all the way here now

When I took photos of flowers in our yard in mid March, I also took a picture of the front of our house.
Seven weeks later, in the first week of May I captured the same view, except there is a lot more green.
The trees are growing lots of leaves and the grass is growing about 5 inches a week thanks to recent fertilizer and lots of rain. The back yard is getting pretty green now.

Another early May event is the ripening of the strawberries. We have picked about 10 so far, but will have hundreds next week and will be freezing them and making freezer jam in two weeks. Here is one of the first ones ripe. They are much tastier than the ones in the store.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so jealous of the strawberries! Those look amazing. Maybe you could try and bring some with you. Maybe some jam? And the house always look so pretty when it's green outside.

John said...

I love how the neighborhood looks at the end of spring and in summer. Just when everything is turning brown in San Jose, it's lush green in St. Louis.