-Thaw fish if frozen.
-Rinse and dry the fish (I use a paper towel.
-Pour olive oil into the baking dish and coat both sides of the fish with the oil.
-Add salt and pepper.
-Sprinkle basil on the fish.
-Spread finely chopped almonds over the fish. I chopped 6 large almonds per piece of fish.
-Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the entire fish to partially cover the almond crumbs.
-Bake in oven at 475 for 15 minutes until browned. I did this in the convection oven. A conventional oven might take a little longer. I believe the fish was actually done after about 10 minutes, but I wanted to get the almonds and parmesan cheese browned and slightly crusty.
-Serve with a lemon wedge squeezed over the fish.
I liked it a lot with the basil added, but I also liked it just as much without the basil. It’s good either way. The almonds and parmesan cheese make this quite a bit tastier than the way I used to make it. I highly recommend it.

4 comments:
That looks like a delicious way to prepare tilapia!
Yum! That looks very tasty!
I bought some talapia at the store on Monday so I can try this out. I think it will have to be a lunch meal so I can eat it without Ryan. I'm so excited.
I love Tilapia! It's also one of the only fish that Christian enjoys eating. It's hit or miss with Salmon but Tilapia is always sure to please. I'm definitely going to try this recipe.
Post a Comment