Monday, March 15, 2010

Pi Day

Yesterday was Pi Day. To celebrate, I made two pumpkin pies and one cherry cream pie. I did not take any photos as the pies looked exactly like you would expect them to look. Mom and I were invited to a potluck with several other families at the Gomes home in Jamestown Farms, close to the Deffords. We took the large, double batch of cheesy potatoes and a pumpkin pie. We needed to make sure there was a pie to celebrate the pie day dinner. Most of the other dinner guests did not know about Pi Day, but a few did understand the mathematical importance of the day. The dinner, the company and the pie were all quite good.

Now the observant reader will note that I told of making three pies, but I have only accounted for one of the pumpkin pies. Last night was Stake priesthood meeting. At stake priesthood meetings in our stake, Aaronic priesthood quorum presidents from all of the wards report their quorum attendance in the meeting. In order to encourage attendance, we had pie and ice cream at the Sowards home for the young men and their fathers. The second pumpkin pie and the cherry cream pie were taken to the Sowards for the boys and their dads and YM leaders. We did not have many show up, so I ended up taking half of the pumpkin pie and half of the cherry cream home. Mom had already made a cherry cream pie on Friday and there was still half of that one left over. Now we have 1.5 pies left to eat. 1.5Pi = 4.71238898 = a lot of calories.

I’m having a tasty piece of pumpkin pie for a snack right now. I hope you all had an enjoyable Pi Day.

4 comments:

John said...

I'm impressed with your diligent making of pies for pi day. 3 pies is an appropriate number of pies for pi day, but 3.14159... pies would have been even better. We made a cherry cream pie, and I can't wait to eat some for lunch!

Katie said...

I like your math dad. Now that I know you can eat 1.5 pies and only gain 4.71238898 calories, I'm going to have a peice of pie with every meal. Yay!

Sheri E. said...

Good pie choices!

Karen C. said...

Dradums, you are my favorite nerd!