Monday, April 5, 2010

Clean Up Continued

With the continued nice weather, I spent a lot of time working on the front yard. I cleaned the pond, trimmed the bushes and put down two loads of mulch. I think it looks a lot better. The blooming daffodils help improve the appearance. I will look into additional flowers since the daffodils will be done blooming by the end of April when everyone arrives. I think most of our tulips have died. I do not remember when the Dutch irises boom, but there are not many left.
These photos were taken late Saturday afternoon (between the afternoon and priesthood sessions of conference). The pond was in the shade so it is hard to see clearly. The pond lilies are all growing again and should reach the surface in the next week or so. In the meantime, the clean water makes the rocks and brick that are holding down the pump and filter look closer than their 16-18 inches of depth. Next I will add fish and work on the back yard.




4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh the yard looks so pretty. You have done a good job. I think where ever I end up living needs to have daffodils in the front yard.

Sheri E. said...

The yard looks really nice! I'm excited to see it and the new fish that will be in the pond.

Julie Knight said...

I love all the daffodils!! St Louis is so beautiful in the spring before all the blood sucking mosquitos come alive. I can't wait to visit soon. 25 more days!!

John said...

The yard looks beautiful Dad! I'm excited to see it in a few more weeks.