On the 4th of July we decided to go for a hike in Big Basin State Park. Mom was going to be going on a 13 mile backpacking trip from Big Basin to the ocean on the Skyline to the Sea trail on July 8-9 with the level 4 girls before girl’s camp. We thought it would be fun to become familiar with at least the first part of the trail so we invited John and Becky to go with us.
We found some great redwood logs and stopped for a “family on the log” photo.
We found a geocache.
After the hike, we went with john and Becky and some of their friends to watch fireworks. We stopped at Blue Rock BBQ to get some of the best smoked pulled pork in San Jose and sat on blankets and ate BBQ while waiting for the fireworks to start.
On Friday morning, July 8th, Mom and the level 4 girls started their backpacking trip. 11 miles and several sore muscles later they made it to their campsite. I was one of the people that had agreed to pick up them and their equipment up on Saturday at the beach at the end of the trail. I went early so I could hike up the trail and meet them coming down. This how I found the group coming down the trail.
They did make it to the beach.
Mom made it all the way to the beach.

3 comments:
Good job making it to the beach mom! That pack looks way too big. Those were some good pictures of fireworks too. It looks like you guys had fun.
That was a fun hike we did and a fun celebration of Independence Day. One of these days I'd like to do the full hike myself.
The Skyline to the Sea Trail is a very beautiful one for hiking. I enjoyed both of our hikes. But if I ever do the backpacking trip again I will definitely carry a lighter pack.
Post a Comment