Today is Mark’s birthday (July 23). We took Mark and John and Becky to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. As has become tradition, we ate lunch at the Fish Hopper before going to the aquarium. See my posts from January 22 and March 28 for more about Monterey and the Fish Hopper restaurant.
From the window by our table at the restaurant, we could see several sea lions lying on the rocks. Only one was moving around much.
I took a few photos in the aquarium but most of them did not turn out all that great. One of the exhibits that I really like is the different kinds of jellyfish. I like the moon jellies because that is the kind of jellyfish that we swam through a school of while scuba diving in St. Thomas a few years ago. The mature ones are about a foot in diameter. These are some of the moon jellies on exhibit.
One of the exhibits showed explained different kinds of sea creatures. We found ourselves on one of the description cards.
The following is a close-up of the text.
After the aquarium, per tradition, we went to Ghirardelli for desert. I really like their hot fudge sundaes.
It was a fun day celebrating Mark’s Birthday.

3 comments:
I think Mark should have birthdays more often. That was a fun trip. I love Monterey.
I'm so sad I missed it. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
I love our traditions. The Fish Hopper restaurant is sooooo delicious, and a hot fudge sundae for dessert is the perfect way to end the day. I really enjoyed our day in Monterey.
Post a Comment