Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Camera - Taking Rocky for a Walk

Mom gave me a new camera for my birthday. It is a Canon T3i with 18-135mm lens. I love it. Thank you Mom!!!

I have been reading the manual to try and figure out how to use it. I took Rocky for a walk this evening after the sun went down. The following photos were of some pretty flowers that I passed by on the walk. As can be expected Rocky did not want to stop and "smell the roses". i am still learning how to use the camera features. Most of these were using the telephoto to focus on the flower while the background is out of focus. i think my favorites are the first and last ones shown here.


The next two had the flash on which changes the colors somewhat.


I'll keep reading the 320 page manual and move on to other kinds of photos.

4 comments:

Katie said...

These look good, Dad! I'm excited to help you practice by taking pictures of us.

John said...

Those are great looking photos. Especially considering the lack of help Rocky was giving you.

Karen C. said...

Nice pictures. Its fun for you to have a good camera to work with! The detail that shows in the flowers is amazing.

Julie Knight said...

Nice pics Pops! I can't wait to see all the photos you'll be taking now.