A couple of weeks ago, we had a couple of days of below freezing temperatures, which caused many of the trees to start changing colors. Then we had a lot of wind that blew down quite a few leaves, although there are still a lot in the trees and some of the trees have not even really changed colors yet. The oak trees by the road to our house lost a lot of leaves and they are covering parts of the road:

A branch also broke and fell down that had a huge wasp’s nest attached to it. It is hard to tell the size of the wasp nest in these two views, but it is about a foot in diameter. It is a very good thing that the nest seems to be currently un-occupied. It was in the road, but I moved it off to the side of the road. I was prepared to run faster than the wind if I heard any buzzing noise, but I did not hear anything.


A rian storm came a few days after I took these photos and the entire nest fell apart into clumps of wet paper. It is amazing that the nest survived so well until one storm destroyed it.
1 comment:
Holy wasp nest. I bet those 6" long wasps that Bret saw made that nest.
Post a Comment