Thursday, March 19, 2009

It is beginning to look a lot like spring

Earlier this week, we had several days of warm weather and some of the spring flowers decided it was time to start blooming. The first flower out in the front of the house was a crocus. This was taken Tuesday afternoon.

There were also grape hyacinths starting to bloom.

These are the first to daffodils to start to bloom.
These were all taken Tuesday afternoon. By Wednesday, there were a lot of daffodils in bloom.

In the back yard, the apricot tree had popcorn on it.
This is a close up.

I love spring. It is a time of new life. Not just plants this year, but grandchildren too.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so jealous of your pretty flowers. I wish I was there to seem them. Our house is so beautiful in the spring time.

Sheri E. said...

Such pretty flowers! I wish it looked like that here right now. It's snowing :(