Close to Bret’s house is a canyon called Little Rock Canyon. John, Neil, Bret, Joseph and Christian and I went for a hike up the canyon. We hiked up to this cave.

This is the view of the valley from the cave.

I used the timer to get a shot of all of us on the ridge of the canyon. We looked for a passer-by but found none, so the camera timer of 10 seconds was just enough time to get into the photo.

This is the view looking down into the canyon. The slide of loose rocks shown at the top of this photo is a great spot for sliding down the hill.

The next two videos (due to memory constraints, I put both videos in seperate blog entries you can see below) are the boys going down the slide of loose rocks. It is a lot like cross country skiing without the skis, but much slower due to the greater friction between shoes and rocks. I shot both videos from the same spot about two thirds of the way down the slope.
I also went down the rock slide, but not as quickly as the younger guys. With all of this climbing and sliding on rocks, you would think there would be a good chance an old guy like me would get hurt. I had no injuries in the canyon excursion. After a great picnic on the lawn, we went to Aspen Grove for family photos. While there I sprained my ankle on flat ground. Go figure.
1 comment:
I can't believe after all that, you sprained your ankle while we were taking pictures. That looks like a really pretty area. I'll have to go up there sometime.
Post a Comment