Friday, October 9, 2009

Chain Saw Skills

Each year on the first Saturday of October, Art’s Lawnmower in Blackjack, where we bought our mowers, chainsaw and tiller, has a big open house where they have chain saw experts to demonstrate the new equipment. The also have free brats and soda and chain sharpening for about half price. I like to go between conference sessions and get my brat and soda and get my chains sharpened for the winter wood cutting season.

The Brats were good. The served them with the traditional sauerkraut, with ketchup and other condiments. They also had home made apple butter this time. I tried it with the sauerkraut, and it was really good.

They had someone from Stihl Chain saws demonstrating how you do sculpturing on a log with a chain saw. The first photo is the chainsaw expert in action.
The next photo is a completed eagle.
I think I’ll just stick to cutting up logs for firewood. That is more my skill level.

3 comments:

Sheri E. said...

I had no idea people could do all that detail work with a chain saw. That's pretty cool.

Katie said...

Wow, that's really cool. Did they paint it to get the different colors? I want some brats now.

neil said...

Karret, I've got some brats you can have.

Dradums, maybe we should start a chainsaw sculpture competition for Thanksgiving.