Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monterrey Mexico

I am posting this on my second night in Monterrey while here on business. After all of the really cold weather and lots of snow, I was looking forward to warm weather in Mexico. When I arrived yesterday, at noon, it was 76 degrees and when we were done with work at 5pm it was 80 degrees. After I got to the hotel, I went for a walk in fabulous evening temperatures. All around Monterrey are mountains. I took some photos with my cell phone as it was getting dark. The low light level made the photos a bit grainy but I think you can still see that they are some very interesting mountains.

I heard some noises in the trees and as I looked closer, I could see that there were green parrots making the noise in the trees. I tried to take a photo, but the low light level and the lack of a telephoto lens made it impossible to see the birds.

As part of my walk, I went to a fountain in the center of the city that is about 0.3 miles from the hotel. There was a couple of virtual geocaches at the fountain. There was not an actual cache container, but I was supposed to answer some questions about the fountain and email them, which I did. It was getting too dark to get a good photo, but this is a silhouette of Neptune and his horses with fishlike tails (like mermaids). I was able to log two geocache finds in Monterrey on the walk.

This morning it was cold and rainy. At lunch time it was 45 degrees, which is more than 30 degrees colder than yesterday. By dinner time, it was 38 degrees with a lot of wind. Yesterday I wondered why I even brought my coat, but I really needed it tonight.

I am traveling with Jason Jurkowski and he suggested we go to an Italian restaurant that is his fiancés favorite. We had an appetizer of artichoke formage. It had lots of cream,formage cheese, spinach, and sun dried tomato in it and was amazing. I ordered grilled chicken fettuccini. In addition to slices of grilled chicken and fettuccini, it had carrots, broccoli, diced tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, and lots of cream in the creamy sauce. It was really amazing. I took a photo of it with my cell phone.

4 comments:

John said...

Nice pictures dad. Those mountains look cool and the food looks delicious!

Sheri E. said...

They even have geocaches in Mexico? Awesome!

Katie said...

The food sounds yummy. You need to bring a real camera on your next walk. The city looks pretty and I want to see the birds.

Sheri E. said...

Are you sure you're not in St. Louis? That looks like the Arch in one of those pictures.

By the way, this is Karen--not Sheri.