Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine’s Day

On Saturday, the day before Valentine’s Day, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Apparently, a thousand other people also wanted to go there too. We had to wait an hour and 40 minutes to get seated. The food was really good. Especially the fresh baked rolls with the honey butter with cinnamon. The sirloin steaks and loaded baked potatoes were also excellent.
After dinner, we went to our ward activity. It was a “Wacky Prom”. It was a dance for the whole family, including small children, with very creative attire. I wore jeans, running shoes, my tuxedo short with bow tie. Mom wore a long black skirt, snow boots, a pink blouse and a Mickey Mouse tie. It was a fun time. We got photos taken at the dance.

For our Sunday Valentine’s Day dinner, we had Lobster tails. After studying several cookbooks, I decided to split the tails and then add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I roasted it in the oven at 500 degrees. This is what it looked like when they came out.
I also made roasted potatoes. The potato chunks are coated with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted. When they were almost done, I sprinkled parmesan cheese on top and finished roasting for 5 more minutes. We added beets and peas for a very tasty dinner as shown here with hot melted butter and lemon juice for dipping the lobster pieces in.
Desert was vanilla ice cream with home made magic shell.

We really enjoyed the wonderful food and had a great weekend.

5 comments:

neil said...

I'm glad to hear that dressing wacky was part of the program. I was a little worried that you might have thought a bow tie with jeans was an acceptable form of "lookin' good."

Well played on the lobster tails.

Katie said...

You guys look so cute all dressed up for your dance. What ever, Neil, I think Dad should so the bow tie and jeans combo more often. Your lobster dinner looks so delicious. Yum!

Julie Knight said...

I think eating out on Valentines is way too much effort. Christian and I ended up waiting for an hour to eat at a Thai restaurant in St. George. Making a romantic meal at home is so much more enjoyable and relaxing. Those lobster tails look incredible!

Sheri E. said...

Your dinner looks delicious (minus the peas) and I think your outfits look awesome. Julie, Mckay and I went out to a Thai restaurant for Valentines Day and we got a table right away. You should have stayed in Provo.

John said...

Yum, that looks delicious. With food like that, who needs to eat out?