Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yard Cleanup

We have had a cold and wet winter and spring… until this week. The temperature got up into the 70s and then 80s. Yesterday, the high was 86. Today we are expecting 85 and tomorrow is expected to be 81. With the sunshine, low humidity and a light breeze, it was very nice to be outside. I have been trying to get the yard cleaned up a little as a good excuse to be out in the nice weather.

I started picking up some of the trash that had been blown into the woods and found a couple of items that have been in the bottom of the middle sink hole for a while.
The skateboard without wheels, that was used a snowboard, is a fairly new addition to the woods, but I think the yellow sled has been there a while. I did not have personal experience with the “snowboard” but I remember pulling some small children in the small yellow sleds 20 years ago. Some of those small children now have small children of their own. There were some great memories with sleds going down “Killer Hill” and other exciting sled runs. The years, weather, mud and collisions with trees and other obstacles have not been kind to this old sled, so it is finding a new home in the trash dumpster. I thought I should post the photo so those with fond memories can see it for one last time.

While I am cleaning up trash, Heavenly Father is also making the yard look nice. The daffodils and other bulbs are blooming.
Many of the trees have blossoms and it is starting to look very pretty.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I love St. Louis in the spring. Try to keep those flowers around until the wedding. And I miss sledding down that hill too. Maybe if we get snow for Christmas, Lucas will get to sled down it.

Sheri E. said...

The daffodils are already blooming? They're so pretty. I'm excited to see all the green trees and pretty flowers when we come in a month.

John said...

Oh I remember those yellow sleds! I remember getting pulled behind the Camry around the neighborhood one winter in it, and lots of sledding in the backyard. Maybe that's the one I sprained my ankle in.