We first went to the Children's Discovery Musuem. There were some really fun things for kids to do with water toys. Since kids love to fluch things down toilets, they had the whirlpool equivalent for kids to send balls down the drain.
The grandkids had a good time playing with the many creative toys.
Paddling in the woven boat with Uncle John.After lunch, we went to Big Basin State Park, and hiked through the large coast redwood forest. This is in front of the Father of the Forest. It is a pretty fat tree.
John and Dallin are visiting the Mother of the Forest. This tree is the tallest tree in Big Basin at 329 feet tall.
We came across several banana slugs on our hike. It was getting late, so there was not much light for this photo. It is pretty obvious why these are called banana slugs. This guy was about 7 or 8 inches long. The Banana Slugs are the mascot for nearby UC Santa Cruz. I wonder if UC Santa Cruz has a track team?? How fast can they be?
It was a fun day. We ended it with pizza from Via Mia.
John and Dallin are visiting the Mother of the Forest. This tree is the tallest tree in Big Basin at 329 feet tall.
We came across several banana slugs on our hike. It was getting late, so there was not much light for this photo. It is pretty obvious why these are called banana slugs. This guy was about 7 or 8 inches long. The Banana Slugs are the mascot for nearby UC Santa Cruz. I wonder if UC Santa Cruz has a track team?? How fast can they be?
It was a fun day. We ended it with pizza from Via Mia.I'll post other photos when I return to San Jose.


4 comments:
That children's discovery museum looks like fun. You'll have to take Lucas there next time we come visit. There is still so much for us to do in California... we might just have to move there. :)
The Children's museum was pretty fun. And that trees in big basin were really cool. I'm glad we got to do some fun stuff while we were there for Christmas.
I was so glad we got to see a banana slug while I was there! I love those things. Big Basin was really cool to see too. Christian wants to go back and do the trail to the sea that starts there.
Great shot of a banana slug. That's about the yellow-ist thing I've ever seen!
Post a Comment