Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend started Saturday morning with our stake 5K run. John, Becky, Mom and I all ran.

t was on a very nice trail by one of the church buildings.

Mom and I each received bronze medals for finishing 3rd in our “age categories”.

Since we burned up so much energy running 3.1 miles, we needed waffles. We stopped and bought some beautiful strawberries from a guy that sells them at the side of the road every week. We then went home and made Belgian waffles and John and Becky came over.

On Memorial Day, we started with a ward breakfast that the high priests were in charge of. I drafted John to help out. After breakfast, Mom and Becky drove to Utah.

After Mom and Becky left, John and I decided to go back over to where we ran the 5k on Saturday because there were lots of geocaches along the trail. We put our bikes in the truck and drove back to where we did the 5k run. We then rode to Almaden Lake Park and back looking for geocaches. We only found 3 out of 12 but we had a nice bike ride

After we got home we made lemon basil shrimp. John went out to get a lemon and brought in a huge lemon that was as big or bigger than the one we had last week.

Along with the shrimp in cream sauce over bow tie pasta, we had beats and also had beats and root beer floats for our beverage. It was a great end to a great weekend.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Those shrimp look so fresh and delicious. That lake area does look really pretty.

John said...

We had a lot of delicious foods this past weekend. And I'm also pretty sore from all the physical activity. But it was a lot of fun.

Sheri E. said...

Good job on finishing the run in 3rd place! You guys are getting really good at 5k runs. I think waffles with strawberries and whipped cream sounds like a perfect reward.

Karen C. said...

I was pretty proud of my third place ribbon until I realized I came in third out of only one person in my age category. How does that work? I'm even slower than myself!