Last night was the first game of the World Series, which
the Cardinals won!!!! John and Becky
came over to watch the game in HD.
For dinner, I fixed stir fry steak, pasta and
veggies. As with many of the things I
cook I mix cultures in my ingredient selection.
I started with carrots cut up and sautéed in olive oil. I then added yellow and green squash pieces
with fresh ground pepper, olive oil and a little teriyaki sauce. I then cut up a steak in to pieces like I
would for stroganoff, but I cooked it in olive oil and teriyaki sauce with
fresh ground pepper also. While this was
cooking, I cooked small shell pasta in boiling water. When it was done, I stir fried it in olive
oil and teriyaki sauce also. I then
mixed it all together. This is what it
looked like.
It was very tasty.
It went quite well with a Cardinal win.
We then celebrated the Cardinal win with vanilla bean ice cream and
magic shell.
Last week I made the same thing except instead of the
steak, I had shrimp cooked in olive oil and lemon juice. It was also very tasty. I have found that making stir fry with left
over pasta is really easy. I am now
ready to try using rice again for variety.

2 comments:
That looks absolutely delicious. I'm sad to missing out on such fine cuisine. I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself in my absence (and John and Becky too!). Go Cards!
That does look delicious. It's so colorful.
Post a Comment