Friday, July 18, 2008

Mom's Birthday

Mom's birthday was on July 12. She is about the same age as last year, maybe younger. Instead of having a birthday cake, we had a birthday bowl of ice cream (Bryer's Mint Chocolate Chip) with a single candle, representing the number of years since the last birthday celebration. It also represents the number of her favorite husbands.


She had presents to open from an assortment of people.
She got got an ice cream maker like Katie's that makes 2 quarts of ice cream and does not use ice or salt. We tried it out When Neil, Ashley, Sadie and Madoc were here, but that will be in the next blog that covers their visit. Mom also got a new down pillow and a new watch. It was nice to have a really great discount through employee sales on Citizen Eco-Drive watches. I have a photo of Mom's new watch below.


Mom's watch battery died the first week she was in California, so she was without a functioning watch for a couple of weeks, which was driving her crazy. When I was in California with her, I let out a hint that suggested that I might get her an Eco-Drive watch that does not need to ever have battery replacement. After we got back to St. Louis, I got a new battery for her old watch and replaced it. She thought that meant she was not going to get a new watch, now that she had a watch that worked. She was pleasantly surprised and likes the new one a lot.
On Mom's birthday, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and shopping afterwards. It was a good day and I think Mom enjoyed it.

No comments: