By Sunday, I had so much extra that I took most of it to church to give to others. I filled the bottom half of this cooler with green beans. I then stacked about 30 squash on one side of the cooler and then filled in the rest of the space with green beans to fill the cooler.
Lots of people were happy to have squash and green beans and I gave away all that I had and could have given away even more if I had it.
I have been picking more since then but the production rate is starting to drop off a bit, but Joseph and I eat squash or green beans every day for dinner. I may still need to give some more away, but Mom is going to want to eat a lot of squash and green beans when she gets home in two days. We’ll be prepared.
I have been picking some tomatoes, but it is a war against the squirrels. I have to pick them while they are still mostly green but showing red. They complete the ripening process on the counter in the kitchen. If I don't, the squirrels eat part of the tomato and leave the rest for Rocky. I think I am winning, but not by much. It is a good thing I planted more than I need.

3 comments:
Such beautiful vegetables. I'm sure the people at church were extremely grateful to you for sharing with them. I can't wait to get home and eat some myself! That's a lot of veggies in that cooler!
PS This is mrawmin--not Sheri....
I'm so jealous. Those green beans you sent with mom were the best green beans I've ever had. I wish I was there to help you eat them.
Mom sure likes to sign in as other people a lot... Those squash and beans look delicious!
Post a Comment