Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

To celebrate my birthday, (58th for those that are counting) I thought quite a bit about what I wanted to have to eat. We had the following for the main meal: BBQ ribs, pasta salad using tomatoes from the garden, corn on the cob from a local farmer, and green beans and squash from the garden. It was too much to fit on one plate, so here are the two plates of food. It was really good.
I ate quite a bit and needed to relax a little before I could even think about desert. This is me relaxing on the couch with some presents just before I opened them. Thank you.
For desert, we had peach pie made with Eckerts peaches and served with home made vanilla ice cream.
It was all incredibly tasty.

We also made two additional peach pies that were frozen. We plan on bringing those to Neil’s house for Thanksgiving. There will need to be some work on an insulation/cooling system to safely transport the pies, but there are a few months to work on that.

Thank you to all those who helped make it such a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha, I can't believe you had two plates for your dinner. That's funny. And I can't wait to try the pie. It looks delicious.

Sheri E. said...

That food does look delicious. You sure know how to pick a good meal!

Crapos said...

I'm so glad pies are coming to my house. Too bad they're not coming tonight - I need dessert.

Karen C. said...

You sure do make delicious pies! I am happy to eat them whenever they are available. If anyone needs a testimonial--I got to share in Dad's birthday dinner. It was even more delicious than it looks in the pictures and the pie was indescribably delicious!