Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our New Home

We have signed a contract to rent a home in San Jose. Since it may be a while before we sell our house in St. Louis, and we cannot buy a house here until the St. Louis house sells, we decided it was time to rent. The address of the new house is 1677 Klipspringer, Dr, San Jose, CA 95124. Google maps knows where it is. This photo is the view from the street in front of the house.

There are two cute little Hobbit trees in front of the front porch.
About 200 feet from the front door of the house is a great little park. There is a nice playground for the children in the neighborhood.

Next to the playground is a pavillion for picnics and BBQs.
There is also a large grass area that looks like it might be suitable for frisbee or football.
On the other side of the park from the house is a Safeway grocery store. The church is 0.65 miles from the house, so it is close enough to walk in nice weather. Brian and Annie's house is 0.9 miles, John and Becky's house is 1.8 miles, Mark's house is 1.9 miles and John and Claudia's house is 3.8 miles. We will be in the same ward as Brian and Annie. The others each live in a different ward. Having 4 different wards meeting in 3 different buildings so close is unheard of in Missouri.
Mom and I will be going to St. Louis the week after Thanksgiving and our household goods will be loaded on a moving truck on December 1st. Our furniture will be delivered to the house in San Jose around December 8, It will be nice to have our own place again. We really appreciate those that have provided places for us to stay for the last 3 months, but we are ready to have our own place. We really look forward to having everyone here for Christmas. It will be a good time.

4 comments:

Sheri E. said...

I am so excited that you guys have a house, or at least a temporary one. It looks really nice!. I love the cute little hobbit trees. I've always wanted some like that. That park close by will be nice for the kids to play at when we come visit for Christmas.

Katie said...

That house looks cute. And I'm very excited about the park. Lucas will love that. I can't wait for Christmas.

Karen C. said...

Wow. I'm even more excited about moving into this house now that I've read your blog. It really is a convenient location. And it will be a perfect jogging circuit for me to jog to the church and back in the mornings.

John said...

I'm excited to actually tour the house. It looks like an excellent pick, and it is conveniently close to our house. YAY!!