Monday, January 9, 2012

Two Days before Thanksgiving: The Beach

Neil, Ashley, Sadie, Madoc and Charlotte arrived early for Thanksgiving.  The actually arrived the Saturday night before Thanksgiving.  Sunday evening, Neil and Ashley went to a hotel in San Francisco and left the kids with us.  They returned on Tuesday.  We had a good time without them. 
We started the day on Tuesday, two days before thanksgiving with Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.  There were different levels of hunger. 


 Charlotte did not eat much.
 Charlotte helped Grandma do the dishes.
 In the afternoon, When Neil and Ashley returned, we went to the beach just in time for low tide. Charlotte wanted to get down and play but it was not safe.  Sadie and Madoc explored the tide pools.
 They found star fish and sea anemones.
 And logs to walk on.
 Sadie and Grandma waded out as far as their shorts would let them.
 Madoc and I found a great spot for watching the waves come in.
 We were then joined by Sadie and Grandma.
 We then spent a little time chasing and being chased by the waves as the tide was coming in.
Sadie was keeping her clothes dry as she avoided the waves…

3 comments:

Sheri E. said...

The beach is so much fun. Your belgian waffles look delicious, as always.

Katie said...

That video of Sadie made me laugh. Poor girl. I love the beach. I also love the picture of Charlotte helping with the dishes.

John said...

Yum! I love those Belgian waffles. I love the video of Sadie falling in the water.